What I do
By way of team workshops, consulting and public speaking, I work with entrepreneurs and CEOs of brands who have visions of becoming better. Sales (or occupancy) are flat, you want to break into new markets, you have a new product idea, you are missing on opportunities.
The Big Leap Process
Each of the links below is to more in-depth explanation/approach that I’ve written on the topic. I hope you’ll dig in.
1. Identify the leap :: The vision and plan
You want to do something different, perhaps that no one has done before. This idea you have is going to involve other people. It’s going to take articulation and communication to influence others to join you on this mission.
2. Overcome obstacles
It’s one thing to have an idea. It’s another thing altogether to bring that idea to life. It’s time to look at the internal and external narrative and identify where potential hurdles lie.
- Narrative development: Shift your organization to a storytelling organization.
- Identify areas of weakness and potential pitfalls, and bridge these gaps. (Sometimes we do this with a weekly “business therapy” sessions.
3. Implement :: Tools, tactics and guidance
With valuable research and a sound strategy in hand, we formulate a communications plan and a timeline that helps you achieve that leap.
Depending on your needs, we’ll implement the plan or guide your team through implementation.
It may include any, some or a complete different set of these things:
- Review and evaluate the need for research.
- Identify and select the tools needed to get there.
- Identify and build the right relationships.
- Digital strategy: How are you showing up in the online world and how can we improve the overall prospect and buyer experience?
- Executive positioning by way of speaking engagements and awards (learn more about my own public speaking).
- Scalable communications: Automated marketing consultation (we are Hubspot certified).
- Web design
- Media production
- Paid search
4. Track and measure progress
We’ll closely track and measure, monitor conversion rates, and focus on business results (not Facebook followers). This is core to the work we do, so much so, that I wrote an ebook on our approach which you can read now, by downloading (free) from here.
Others’ Big Leaps
We helped the CEO of a cloud-based curriculum system break into a tough to reach, very narrow market, increase their blog traffic by 1400 percent year over year and exceed monthly revenue goals by 25 percent.
A real estate professional overcame stiff competition in his market and increased his inbound requests when we helped him get to page one in search results from page 10 within three months.
Working with the CMO of a healthcare technology client to get them out of a rut, we doubled the number of new business leads and helped them have the best new business year ever.
I’m currently working with the owner of an upscale vegan bistro in the Bay Area to publish her first cookbook and become a spokesperson in the community for the values she strongly believes in.
We counseled a lodging client in Jackson Hole out of a stagnant occupancy period.
Guided a small player in the aerospace and defense industry to become more well known in the space by way of thought leadership content,
Counseled an author to realize his dream to publish a book and make the bestseller list in his niche.
From my own big leaps, launching my business more than once, reinventing careers, to others’ leaps guiding clients through product launches, book launches, breaking into new markets, opening mixed-use high-rise buildings, new chairlifts, new hotel openings and sales, rebranding urban neighborhoods, nothing makes me happier than seeing others take an active role in doing more than thinking about their dreams, but realizing them.
Ready to talk about it? Schedule a 25-minute call now to discuss your goals and challenges and get the process started.