I am happy to introduce you to Sarah Panus because I feel like in a way we are kindred spirits which is coincidental because her business is named Kindred Speak, LLC. She, like me, had a dream to go into fashion. She pursued that dream farther than I ever did. Life took her in another direction (like it did for me) and after a series of jobs, she left her corporate position to launch her business.
Sarah Panus has nearly 20 years of experience helping billion-dollar brands drive leading ROI through brand storytelling. She is a Minnesota mama, content strategist, podcast host of Marketing With Empathy, and owner of Kindred Speak LLC. She’s on a mission to humanize brands; help content marketers reduce overwhelm/confusion; and raise money to fund child trafficking rescue missions.
She spends her days working one-to-one with brand clients and is newly getting into the online course space where she’ll teach you how to think like an Editorial Director and build winning brand storytelling strategies.
Before starting her own consulting biz, Sarah spent the majority of her career leading content strategy on the corporate side and understands the pressure in those roles. She comes from a world managing up to $10M budgets but knows how to get scrappy too. Along the way, she figured out how to feel empowered, creative, and less overwhelmed in her roles (while driving amazing results), and wants to help others feel the same. www.kindredspeak.com
What do we talk about today?
- Taking her own big leaps like moving to NYC sight unseen
- Leaving her corporate position and starting her own business
- What empathic branding is
- Our communications pet peeves
- Lessons learned
With that, let’s listen in and gear up for what’s next.
Where to find Sarah and other links:
- Pivot book by Jenny Blake
- Deluxe Corporation’s Small Business Revolution branded video show (Emmy nomination)
- Brand Storytelling Academy by Sarah Panus
- Rescue Kids
Want to do me a huge favor?
Reviewing and sharing are the most helpful ways to get this in front of new listeners.
- Make sure and get the next episode in your inbox – subscribe right up there, top right of this page.
- If you enjoyed this podcast, I would LOVE it if you reviewed it here on iTunes! It makes a big difference!
- I really want to hear from you – questions, topic and guest suggestions, anything. Talk to me in the comments below or here.
Stay in touch.
Sign up for our newsletter / podcast to get emails of great stories like this.[ssba]